9th September 2017 @ 10:30 am – 10th September 2017 @ 4:00 pm
Bridlington Old Town and Bridlington Priory
Heritage Open Days
- Look out for the ‘H’ signs on many Old Town buildings.
- Explore the Bridlington Old Town Trail, looking out for its Blue Plaques.
- Follow a new Church Trail exploring local churches and the magnificent Bridlington Priory founded in 1113.
- See newly commissioned wood and stone carvings at the Priory by nationally renowned sculptor Stephen Carvill.
- Browse the many galleries on the High Street and Market Place.
- Free entry to the Bayle Museum on Saturday 9th September. Meet the Lords Feoffees and learn about their history.
- 10am, Saturday 9th September: ‘The Bellman of Old Town’ – David Hinde opens Heritage Weekend with a cry followed by a talk on the history of this role (10:15am at the Priory Church).
At Bridlington Priory
- ‘It’s All About Heritage’ (Priory Rooms, Sat 9th Sept 10am-4pm): An event to showcase local groups and what they are doing to promote/preserve our magnificent and diverse local heritage. Learn more about William Kent and Bridlington’s Georgian architecture. Illustrated talks throughout the day on ‘The Landing of the Queenes Majestie in the Bay of Burlington’.
- ‘Art at the Priory’ (Sat 9th Sept 10am-4pm, Sun 10th Sept 12pm-4pm): Calling all artists – bring your choice of media and be inspired to be creative! Children invited. Paper and paints provided. Cream teas available.
- Concert (Sat 9th September, 7:30pm): ‘The Impossible Dream‘ – songs from the shows. Tickets £5 – available from the Priory/Bridlington Spa or on the door.