Date: Saturday 14th September 2019
Time: All Day
Venue: Bridlington Priory Church and Rooms
Bridlington Priory is taking part in the annual Heritage Open Days.
- Learn about Reverend H. F. Barnes-Lawrence of Bridlington Priory, and his part in seabird preservation.
- View original 19th century parish registers and other records.
- Find out about local history and heritage groups.
- Sculpture and carvings by renowned artist Stephen Carvill in the Priory Church & Churchyard.
- ‘Mousey’ Thompson furniture and children’s Mouse Trail.
- Follow The Bridlington Old Town Trail.
- Look out for H signs in Bridlington Old Town.
- Free entry.
Sat 21st Sept, 7:00 pm: ‘Proms at the Priory’
With the Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Band. Tickets: £10. Bar available.
Sun 22nd Sept, 10:30 am: Service – Seabirds Preservation Act
A parish communion service to mark the 150th Anniversary of the Seabirds Preservation Act. This service will be a celebration of Reverend Henry Barnes-Lawrence of Bridlington Priory and his role in seabird protection, with thanksgiving for the work of the RSPB and wildlife preservation.